Friday, September 20, 2013

Period 2: Introduction to Law, Day 7 - Class Recap

This is quite possibly my favorite picture that I have ever taken. It is the view from my seat at the end of the Opening Ceremony of the London 2012 Olympics. Hopefully, you are feeling great after your opening test of the class!

Hello everyone,

Welcome to your weekend! I hope that the test went well for you - I am looking forward to going through them and seeing how you did. Here's what happened today in class:

Soundtrack: “My Songs Know What You Did In the Dark (Light Em Up)” by Fall Out Boy. Selected for today because it is kind of a pump up song in the hopes of getting you ready to take the test. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 9/20/13:
Tort Report
Review Questions
Introduction to Law Test
Study Time

Homework: Read the blog! The next Tort Report is assigned to: Shakti.

Tort Report: Today's lawsuit was brought in by Magen, who chose this article: HuffingtonPost.com - Paula Deen Lawsuit Dismissed By Judge After Parties Reach Undisclosed Settlement. Yes, this is a very well known case, as Ms. Deen had been accused of racial discrimination, lost her shows on the Food Network and endorsement contracts, as well as being viewed publicly in a different light than she previously had been. Thanks, Magen! Shakti, you are up next.

Review Questions: Before I handed out the test, I was happy to answer any questions from the class about the vocabulary on the review sheet. I appreciated the willingness of the class to ask away here, because I am guessing that it helped on the test!

Introduction to Law Test: The rest of the class was devoted to taking the first test of the class, on the introductory concepts of law. I wanted to make sure you had more than enough time to complete it, so I did not plan anything for the rest of the class. Again, I am looking forward to going through these and seeing how everyone did! I hope it went well for you. Next class, we will review.

Study Time: Once the test was completed, I gave the rest of the class period as time to be studying - either for upcoming concepts in our class, or for any work you had for other subjects.

No comments:

Post a Comment