Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Period 2: Intentional Torts and Negligence, Class Recap


This is me in front of the Grand Canyon in 2007 (I was a junior in college). If my parents (who I made the road trip with) had just left without me from here, that could be considered a negligent action.

Hey everyone,

Yeah, as I explained in class, it seems like we are getting a bit behind schedule with everything, just with the amount of book work needed to be done as we are talking about these important concepts. As such, be ready to just work on finishing and discussing Chapters 19 and 20 next class, along with a PowerPoint on Negligence/Chapter 20. If you are already almost done with both chapters, bring

Soundtrack: “The District Sleeps Alone” by Postal Service. Selected because "the district" refers to Washington, DC (where our federal government is based), and again, being left alone could be considered to be a negligent action. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 10/23/13:
Tort Report
Quiz
Chapters 19 and 20
Review

Homework: Turn in missing work, retake the unit one test if needed. Study vocabulary for upcoming torts test. Read the blog! Next tort report assigned to: Tommy.

Tort Report: Tim brought in this article about various lawsuits against Tylenol that have been filed in federal court: ClassAction.org - Tylenol Lawsuits Claim Drug Caused Liver Failure. Interesting case, as always. It looks like this website is also helping people who believe they have a similar claim to join in with the case - creating a "class action" lawsuit.

Quiz: Hopefully, this wasn't too difficult (it was 16 questions related to intentional torts). I will have these entered in the grade book and back to you on Friday. If you missed class, expect to take this (make sure to ask me) when you get back.

Chapters 19 and 20: As I wrote above, since we are so behind on our work calendar, I gave the rest of class for work time in the book. I think most people will be ready to talk about Chapter 19 on Friday. I will also give more time to do answers to Chapter 20 and talk about those, as well. I will probably start off class with a PowerPoint on Chapter 20/Negligence. It is unfortunate that I can't assign the book work as homework due to just having a class set of textbooks, but we will make it work. Thank you for staying with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment