Friday, October 25, 2013

Period 2: Negligence, Class Recap

This is me in pre-school. If I had kicked over an elderly lady's chair and caused her to fall and break her hip (like in the book), yes, I could be held liable for damages in a civil court, if the plaintiff could prove a reasonable person at my age would know that my act was wrong.

Hello everyone,

Shockingly, today was my last Friday class with you all before my tenure as your long term substitute is over! I hope you are enjoying the class as much as I am. Here's what we did today:

Soundtrack: “Brain Damage” by Pink Floyd. Selected because sometimes, brain damage can be a result of negligence. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 10/25/13:
Tort Report
Chapter 19 Answers
Negligence PowerPoint
Finish Chapter 20

Homework: Turn in missing work. Check the blog! Review for unit final. Next tort reports assigned to: Jaxon, Bertina, and Tommy.
---
Tort Report: We did not have this section today, as it was "neglected" to be remembered by a student. Next class! :-)

Chapter 19 Answers: Yeah, there were a lot of questions that I asked you to do in Chapter 19. This is a fact. We reviewed most of them as a class and talked about what makes a tort intentional. Hopefully, this sort of stuff is becoming really obvious.

Negligence PowerPoint: Next, we started moving on to the concept of negligence, which is Chapter 20 in the Street Law textbook. Here is the PowerPoint that I went over in class, which should help explain many of the concepts.


Please be reviewing this material for your upcoming unit final, which is November 6.

Finish Chapter 20: The rest of class was devoted to trying to finish the answers in Chapter 20, so we can go over them and then complete our book work by doing Chapter 21 next week. 

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment