Thursday, November 14, 2013

Period 2: Feedback and Mock Trials - Class Recap

Fireworks at the start of the US Open in 2011. Yay, I get to stay as your teacher! :-)

Hi everyone,

I am delighted to be able to say that this will not be the last class recap blog entry for you! Hopefully, you are almost as excited as I am that I will be staying until January 10 or so. It was sort of a whirlwind process this week and I am left not entirely sure what we will be doing in class next (because today was supposed to be my last day), so hopefully I will be better prepared next week. On to the recap!

Soundtrack: “Stay With You” by John Legend. Selected for the obvious reason that I am going to stay as your teacher through January 10, due to Ms. Youngblood extending her leave. Lyrics here.

AGENDA 11/14/13:
Status Update
Tort Reports
Feedback Review
Mock Trials

Homework: Read the blog! Have a great weekend!
---
Status Update: Before I started the rest of class, I wanted to go over the updates with the teaching situation and let everyone know that I will be continuing on and the reasons for why I did not know this for sure until yesterday afternoon (thus, leaving me not a lot of time to plan). Hopefully, I was able to answer any questions you had about what is going on, as well.

Tort Reports: Unfortunately, nobody remembered to bring in a tort report today. Next class, then! At least it isn't a permanent zero, like if I had left today!

Feedback Review: Here is the PowerPoint full of the anonymous feedback that everyone gave me last class. I always love looking at this to see what is going well and what needs to be improved on.


The word clouds (the bigger the word, the more times it was used) were created using Wordle.net.

To sum it up, it appears that the class likes our discussions and debates, thinks that we can improve checking the blog and studying, that I am nice and funny, and that I should assign less book work. I will try to incorporate these into my plans!

Mock Trials: For the rest of class, we had a little fun with some mock tort trials that were from this document. I had students feel free to elaborate and create back stories that would make the jury (the rest of the class) side with them. This was a last minute find last night, but I think it was a pretty fun activity.

I will probably come in tomorrow (Friday) on my own time to try and figure out a long term plan for class, so feel free to come find me in Lower North Teacher Cluster if you need to check in.

1 comment:

  1. Hey it's Kham, I'm probably going to be late, but I do have my Tort Report ready. :D

    ReplyDelete