Monday, November 4, 2013

Period 2: Final Torts Review, Class Recap

Over the weekend, I went to the Portland Timbers playoff match in Seattle. This was the Seattle fan display before the game. The Timbers won, 2-1. Hopefully, the test next class is a similar sort of awesome nightmare! :-)

Hi everyone,

Next class is your big test on torts, so I hope that you are reading this post carefully! Only three more class periods as your long term substitute, as well. Here's what we did today:

Soundtrack: “Quit Playing Games (With My Heart)” by The Backstreet Boys. Chosen for today because we played a Jeopardy review game in class, as well as the lyric "sometimes I wish I could turn back time" (which we did over the weekend)! Lyrics here.

AGENDA 11/4/13:
Tort Reports
Review Answers
Jeopardy
Study Time

Homework: The torts test is next class! Please do not blow this off - study! Review your notes and this blog. Next tort reports assigned to: Alondra and Alekzander.

Tort Reports: The two articles brought in today were: DailyJournal.net - Mo. judge approves $1.35 million settlement in civil lawsuit involving KC priest (Randi) and ABCNews.go.com - Idaho Inmates Sue Beer, Wine Companies for $1B (Marissa). Both interesting cases, thank you ladies!

Review Answers: In class, we answered the questions on the review sheet, which can be found here, if you need another copy:


Many of these same questions are identical to what is on the test, so please remember/review the answers!

Jeopardy: To review some more, we played a fun game of Jeopardy, complete with questions that relate to both the class content and some fun questions about me and students in the class. I don't think you will be actually able to play the game again, but if you wanted to review, here is the PowerPoint I used:


I hope you had fun with this! I always do. I also hope that you learned a bit more about the concepts and vocabulary that are going to be on the test.

Study Time: The rest of the class was devoted to studying for the test. Here are some resources that might help you do that at home, aside from your notebooks:



Google Drive - Strict Liability PowerPoint

Let me know if you have any questions, or I can help you study further! Please come to class prepared on Wednesday. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment