Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Period 2: Test Debrief - Class Recap

The lights of a MAX train downtown, going up the Steel Bridge in downtown Portland. This was a long exposure of something like 15 seconds or so. I love the effect!

Hello everyone,

I'm posting this way later than usual - I'm still at school! Normally, I try to get the blog posted during 8th period, but as you can imagine, I am swamped with stuff to grade and look at.  Here's the recap:

Soundtrack: “Come Rain or Come Shine” by Billie Holiday. Selected for today because it was raining out this morning, and also because the test may have gone poorly for some (raining) or gone really well for others (shining). Lyrics here.

AGENDA 11/12/13:
Tort Reports
Review Test/Make Up Test
Class Feedback
Work Time – Notebooks Due At End of Class

Homework: Read the blog! Next tort reports assigned to: everyone that has not done one yet! 
---
Tort Reports: Quinn remembered to bring in this article today - TheGuardian.com - Spike Lee sued over George Zimmerman tweet. What an interesting case!

Review Test/Make Up Test: For most of class, we went over the answers to the torts test from last class. Students who were not present last class were able to complete the test out in the hall. It was fun going through all the answers with everyone. Remember that if you did not do well, a nice and easy (I hope) notebook check was due today at the end of class.

Class Feedback: After a while teaching a class, I like to try and ask for feedback about how everything is going, in the hopes of improving and understanding what is going well. The questions that I asked students to answer anonymously were:

1) What do you like about this class/what is the class good at?

2) What can improve about the class/what can the class get better at?

3) What do you like about Mr. Fritz as a teacher?

4) What can Mr. Fritz improve at as a teacher?

Finally: If you have any general feedback you would like to give (not to be shared with the class) on my time as your teacher, please take a few minutes and write it. This can be on a separate sheet of paper if you want – I guess I would prefer if you put your name for this one, since I can then ask you individually if I have any questions. Thank you!

I look forward to reading these - we will talk about them next class.

Work Time: The rest of the period was devoted to work time for finishing up any notebook work, in order to be turned in at the end of class. I have all of the notebooks that were turned in today graded, so you will get them back at the start of next class. Thank you for your hard work!

1 comment:

  1. After taking the test i realized that i learned a lot about civil law cases and about tort reports.
    -Brendan Ralston

    ReplyDelete